Due to IRL happenings and not making very much progress on my current commissions, I’ve decided to close commissions. I don’t know when or if I’ll open up for them again.
I thought with being in a better spot in my life I’d be able to spend more time and effort on both commissions and writing in general; however, as time went on, things slowly became chaotic on my end. My current job went from being something I can just go to and make some decent money without really needing to stress out about it, to making me dread each day and wondering how much of a shitshow it’ll be. It’s also left me stressed out and drained to the point where I didn’t want to do much of anything productive and barely taking care of myself; knowing I still have six commissions to work on doesn’t help either.
However, things are slowly getting better, I think; the biggest thing is not letting my job get to me too much. Thing is, I want to keep this job for much longer than a year if I can, as well as stay where I’m currently living, both of which have become a bit difficult lately.
I’ve never had much of an opportunity to establish myself since living on my own prior.
I will continue to work on what is currently in my queue as best as I can. After that, I may focus on personal writing for a little while or as I work on commissions; my characters miss me and I miss them.
In the past, I’ve taken commissions as a means to make a little extra cash on the side; while this is still true, I don’t feel as desperate for the money anymore. And while I do treat commissions in a business-like manner, I want these to be a fun experience for both me and the client; they also help me grow as a writer and explore various themes and topics I wouldn’t write about otherwise.
But…I also need to take care of myself first.
With that said, for those of you who’ve already submitted a form and haven’t gotten your story yet, I will get in touch with you to determine if you still want me to do your commission or not. For those who’ve been wanting to commission me, I do apologize sincerely.
Just a quick announcement regarding commissions that I forgot to mention on my last journal about these: I’m thinking of closing the form sometime this weekend, most likely Saturday 5/25 (unsure of time right now, though most likely between 9am and 11am CST).
I’ve already gotten a few entries and a few more interested in getting a commission from me. I’ll be honest, I was not expecting to get more than one or two this quickly, and what I’ve seen so far are all good ideas.
Depending on what happens between now and Saturday, I may leave the form open but only work on three stories at a time. I may, however, cap the number of entries I’ll do to a total of 9 or 12; again, this depends on how many people show interest during the rest of this week.
So, if you’re still interested in getting a commission from me but haven’t filled out the form yet, please see this post here >>> https://rickypaszek.wordpress.com/2019/05/19/commissions-open/
Gonna open up for story commissions (long time, I know). Like always, please read my guidelines first and fill out the Google form before contacting me. Doing so gives me a better idea what you want right away, even if you’re not 100% sure what you want; we can always clear things up later on.
Guidelines – https://rickypaszek.wordpress.com/story-commissions-info/
Form – https://forms.gle/GtZi2QAqZ28gL2UK6
There are a few changes I’m making to commissions, however, so please take note of these:
- prices have increased based on a rate of $0.0075USD per word; this may not sound like much, but it’s significant once you view/calculate prices for each 1K word teir
- you will be sent a paypal.me link instead of an invoice when payment is due; this is to make things easier for both of us, hopefully, and I’ve already had a couple people flat-out send me the money before I could send them an invoice
- if you’re a ko-fi donor, I apologize, but I will not be doing donor discounts on commissions anymore; it’s become a little too difficult for me to keep track of and was more of an incentive for people to donate towards that and not as a tipping service
I will be working on three stories at a time; as commissions complete, that entry will be removed from the total. Once I hit 9 form entries total, it will be closed. However, these are not necessarily first come, first serve; I will need to look at what you want first and see if I’ll be willing to write it or not. (This is where reading the guidelines and form comes into play).
I will show commission progress on my Trello, which can be found here >>> https://trello.com/b/1DK9nJXf/story-commission-status
Thank you to everyone who’s commissioned me in the past and for everyone who enjoys my writing! This has always been a fun, interesting experience for me, despite the stresses it may bring 🙂
Hey guys…It’s been a while…
First of all, you may have noticed I recently uploaded a story commission; this means I’m now finished with what commissions I had left in queue. However, I don’t think I’ll open up for commissions again anytime soon, for a few reasons:
– I want to start writing stories for myself and work on older ones that have been on the backburner for too long.
– I need to work on my personal life as much as I can to where I can feel fully content with my current situation. It’s much better than where I was at a year ago, but there is some areas that need improvement.
– I want to start reading more; this can range from stories I find online or others share with me, or from the number of books I own that have been sitting on my shelf as decoration.
– I may start writing stories for free/PWYW via ko-fi, mainly in terms of a YCH, regardless if others’ character(s) play a major or minor role in the story. I may keep this limited to friends, though, and I’m not considering these as requests.
– I did have an actual YCH story idea in mind, but I may just scrap it or rework it and write it as a personal story. Might have this one include other people’s characters, if they are willing to allow me to use them.
– I might just close requests and trades/collabs for now; again, I want to write for myself.
A lot of this I should have done when I first joined the fandom, rather than take on commissions as soon as I had an identity established. But, I guess better late than never, eh?
Will I get published, who knows? Will I decide to self-pub later down the line? Maybe. But the first step I need to do is write, and write, and write.
As a side note: I no longer RP. Please don’t ask or I will ignore you. I no longer have the desire to do so, nor do I have the time anyway anymore.
Figured I’d share a quick update about what’s been going on over on my personal blog; you can find the post here.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this.
I’m currently in the process of figuring out this whole moving thing, because I need to secure a place and be out of my current apartment by the end of August (which is when my lease is up). I also still have to sort through stuff, pack, figure out transport, and make sure my current apartment is clean for the next tenants (and so I don’t get charged from my security deposit). I’ve also had a lot on my mind with where I want to go to start my own life and establish some sort of permanence in my life for once. That’s the gist it, anyway.
With that said, I will more than likely hold off on commission work for a while; I’m currently working on one at the moment, but once I finish up that one, I’m going to need to focus on this moving thing for quite some time. There are numerous personal projects I’ve been meaning to work on as well, but even with those, I just don’t know if I’ll have enough time right now.
For anyone who’s already filled out the form, please send me a note, message via one of my IM methods, or an email if you wish to stay on the wait list or would like to be removed; situations like this is the reason why I don’t take payment up front well before I start on a commission.
I’ll probably still keep them open, but keep in mind: you will be waiting a while.
I sincerely apologize for all of this; my life’s been a mess lately and I need to focus on what’s important.
Come next round of commissions, I’ve tweaked my TOS/Guidelines somewhat and will be taking commissions a little differently (some of this will also apply to trades and requests).
Changes to all:
– Maximum word count I’m willing to write has increased to 10,000. After writing a few of my own stories that are around this length or higher, I’m more comfortable taking commissions of this length.
– “Watersports” has been removed from the Won’t Write list. Let’s just say…it’s a fetish I recently got into and want to explore myself…don’t judge me >.>
Changes to Commissions:
– There will be a form you must fill out if you wish to commission me! I will link that on my profile page as well as the very bottom of my guidelines page.
– Now that I will be doing this, I’m thinking of waiting until all slots are filled up before starting on commissions. However, I understand they may take a while to fill, so I might still do first-come-first-serve (after approving your commission request, of course).
Also, each time you donate to my ko-fi, you automatically get a one-time discount on a commission based on how much you donated!
Anyway, I think that’s about it for now. I do hope to get started on my last commission for this round, plus I’m working on a story featuring my horse and my cheetah characters; it will also be an expansion of my story “Letter to the Unknown.” I don’t know if I’ll just post that on here when I finish or try to get it published, but we’ll see!
Since I’m starting to get a bit of a backlog of commissions now, along with wanting to get into a few upcoming furry anthologies, I’m gonna have to start determining slots now.
In the past, I’ve done three slots and that seemed to do well. However, I’m thinking of bumping that up to four slots. Currently, three slots are taken up, so there’s one more left for whoever ends up getting it.
I strive to provide timely updates as best as I can, and these will be updated as such once I get a chance to post who already got what slot on here somewhere. I’ll see if I can create a post I can pin to the top of my blog on here, or I may create a separate page for slots; I’m not sure yet.
I’ll admit, progress has slowed down for me lately but I’m trying to pick up the pace again. I’ve been trying to stay positive about life things as much as I can because I know how detrimental it can be to my work ethic. Also, with Thanksgiving here in the States, winter coming up where I live, the Holidays, and New Years coming up, I don’t doubt I’ll be a tad busier than usual with family things and life things that may pop up. Best thing I can do is take things one day at a time.
Yeah…I haven’t been writing a lot lately; a lot of that is due to how fast things have been changing in my life for the past few months. Between starting a new job and starting my last semester in college a few weeks ago, I also got thrown under the bus and was forced to find a new place before my friend moved to Utah (which was today). So, after working a temporary summer job, I had to start a new, full-time job (which is night shifts), start my last semester of college (which is thankfully just two classes), and move to a new place fast. All at the same time. Continue reading
Things have been tight (No…get your mind out of the gutter), financially, and my current job barely pays me enough. I’m living on my own now, so I have ALL THE BILLS to take care of.
Someone kill me.
I do want to finish up a commission I’m currently working on, which I would like to finish by the end of this month, if not sooner. Once I’m finished with that, then I’ll open up for commissions, possibly. In other words, I’m still closed for commissions, but I may be opening them back up at a later time. Please don’t ask for a commission until I’m open. However, I will be happy to answer any questions you have about the commission process, pricing, what I’m wiling to write/not write, etc. for future reference.
As much as it can be annoying sometimes, I sincerely enjoy writing stories for you guys!